For Over 20 years AMECA has been the custodian of all VESC Files. We have the original signed agreements regarding the Equipment Compliance Program and VESC registration.
The VESC was made inactive in the 1980’s due to funding being cut. Attempts have been made to reactivate the VESC because of it’s efficiency in promuligation of standards.
It is AMECA’s intention that the VESC be reactivated to assist with an efficient means of promoting uniform regulations and consumer safety.
PDF Versions of the VESC standards are available below.
- VESC V-1 Minimum Requirements and Test Procedures for New Tires–OUTDATED
- VESC V-2 Minimum Requirements and Uniform Test Procedures for Retreaded Tires for Passenger Cars and Station Wagons–OUTDATED
- VESC V-3 Minimum Requirements and Uniform Test Procedures for Motor Vehicle Brake Linings
- VESC V-4 Safety Glazing Materials for Glazing Motor Vehicles Operating on Land Highways
- VESC V-5 Minimum Requirements for Motor Vehicle Connecting Devices and Towing Method
- VESC V-6 Minimum Requirements for Type I School Bus Construction and Equipment–OUTDATED
- VESC V-7 Safe Operation Condition of Tires Including Tire Tread Depth Requirements–OUTDATED
- VESC V-8 Minimum Requirements for Motorcyclists’ Eye Protection
- VESC V-9 Safe Operating Condition of Truck and Bus Type Tires–OUTDATED
- VESC V-10 Minimum Requirements for Type II School Bus Construction and Equipment–OUTDATED
- VESC V-11 Minimum Requirements for Construction and Equipment of Motorcycles–OUTDATED
- VESC V-12 Minimum Requirements for Construction and Equipment of Special Motor Vehicles
- VESC V-13 Minimum Requirements for Type I and Type II School Bus Construction and Equipment
- VESC V-14 Minimum Requirements for Brake Component Wear Warning–OUTDATED
- VESC V-15 Minimum Requirements for the Design of a Vehicle Identification Number System for Passenger Cars–OUTDATED
- VESC V-16 Minimum Requirements for the Design of a Vehicle Identification Number System for Non-Motive Powered Recreational Vehicles–OUTDATED
- VESC V-17, Construction and Equipment of Mopeds
- VESC V-18 Standardized Replacement Vehicle Identification Number System–OUTDATED
- VESC V-19 Performance Requirements for Fifth Wheel Vehicle Connecting Devices and Towing Methods
- VESC V-20 Performance Requirements for Motor Vehicle Sun Screening Devices–OUTDATED
- VESC V-21 Standardization of Motor Vehicle Exhaust Systems Including Maximum Noise Levels
- VESC V-22 Minimum Performance Standard for Auxiliary Liquid Fuel Tanks